Save Energy, Save Money with ENERGY STAR®
Improve the Energy Efficiency of Your Buildings
Through ENERGY STAR, EPA offers a wide range of ENERGY STAR resources to help you take control of the energy performance of your buildings. Did you know that, on average, 30 percent of the energy used to run commercial buildings goes to waste? With rising energy costs and tightening budgets, it's more important than ever to improve the efficiency of your buildings. Get started saving energy and money for your organization by following the steps below.
Join as a Partner
Benchmark Your Energy Performance
The following resources will help you start benchmarking the performance of your buildings:
- Utilize the Benchmarking Starter Kit to evaluate your energy performance, water efficiency, and carbon emissions.
- Use the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Data Collection Worksheet to identify and gather all the data you'll need to benchmark your building.
- Print the Portfolio Manager Quick Reference Guide, a handy, at-a-glance guide to the basic steps of using Portfolio Manager.
- Plan strategic upgrades using the ENERGY STAR Building Upgrade Manual. The Building Upgrade Manual recommended upgrade process follows a five-stage approach and emphasizes continuous improvement.
- Through ENERGY STAR, EPA offers free online training to help improve the energy performance of your organization. Live and pre-recorded training webinars are available on benchmarking,.
- Make smart investments with the Cash Flow Opportunity (CFO) Calculator, an interactive calculator that helps helps decision-makers quantify the cost of delaying investment in upgrades.
- Engage employees, tenants, and all building occupants with "Bring Your Green To Work", ENERGY STAR’s off-the-shelf energy awareness program
- Earn the ENERGY STAR for your building.
- Communicate about your successes using the ENERGY STAR Challenge toolkit.
- Design new buildings to be energy-efficient with Target Finder.